Thursday, March 8, 2012

Dream a Little Dream of Me!!!

The most beautiful way to celebrate “Woman’s Day” is to find the pride within… to set F.R.E.E and accept the MASTER’s PIECE within YOU!!

So, with the blessed intent to inspire YOU I am taking the big risk of opening the BIG BUBBLY that I KNOW to be ME!!

Dream a Little Dream of Me (Cover) Click it!! Enjoy it!! I know I did… while recording it!!

I have been told often… that I am talented… yet… I have kept my talent undercover for reasons only my “FEARS” knew best to this day!!

While growing up… my greatest competition has been with me!! It isn’t always fun to be “the limelight” it comes with the pressure of always “bettering your last effort” and that is an unrelenting pressure, phew!!

So, this year… as a special gift of ACCEPTING myself and all that I would like to be… I have decided to set F.R.E.E. the talents I know exist!!

The first talent I ever explored… Singing!! Sang in school, sang in church, sang at parties… even tried singing at a club!! Got applauded… for the talent… got battered for the visual (fat) girl who could never “Make it large” Winking smile Then again… my voice has been my greatest gift ever… for when I sing… I live a full life through the song… I love myself more… I accept myself more… Music has been my form of EXPRESSION… and every song I have ever sung… has taught me to G.I.V.E my all to it!

So, here’s my song… my first recording… and I took this big step of actually fighting my recoding fears for a very special person in my life… my younger sister… Prema Evelyn D’Cruz who has been my “GO FOR IT, LIVE YOUR DREAM” energy. Another person, whom life wouldn’t be complete without Ashok Singh my best friend of over 24 years.

I don’t know what I am nervous about… judgment or rejection… yet… I am so grateful though… for the talent of singing I am blessed with…

In claiming my place as the LUCKIEST WOMAN IN THE UNIVERSE!! The other day… I began to see… the LUCKIEST WOMAN’s point of view… of herself… and NOW I am not afraid anymore to ACCEPT the WHY of it Winking smile

I am setting my favourite talent F.R.E.E (For.Receiving.Everlasting.Enthusiasm) that I may ACCEPT that to “G.I.V.E (Gratitude.Inspired.Vision.Exchange) to KNOW.ALLOW.ACCEPT.MANIFEST!!

 

1 comment:

  1. OOOOH!! I don't want to wake up Deepa :)) Where are the rest of the songs???? I always wished that I could hear you sing, and frequently remark to my wife and kids, when listening to some singers, that it sounded like Deepa, and most often, "You should listen to Deepa - she can sing much better than all these!"

    Congrats on making this start - we are waiting for more. Happpy Women's Day dear :D

    ReplyDelete