Tuesday, January 12, 2010

it all started at 2340hrs.... on the 31st of December 2009

I took a flight to get to Delhi to bring in New Years with Roopa... I landed in a really cold city... the welcome was sooooooooooooo warm that the chill did not have too much effect on the spirit!!

when I reached home at 2340hrs... Praveen came to fetch me from the airport... and you know what... I got to drive back home... lovely... this was perfect... life is perfect just this way...

I drove home... loving every moment of the freedom of having the steering wheel in my control... parked perfectly... and headed towards the gate to my home.

Like I was being longed for... I heard the familiar wooof woof... Tina... was happy to see me... :) So much so... that when I lay on the bed in my room later that night... she perched herself on my butt... how cute!!! Check the collage .... there's a picture of her doing just that... and well... me... loving it!!

Welcome to my world!!! Praveen, Roopa, Veer, Ashok, Alok, Jaggu, Mohit, Komal and Mannat... music.... chicken... chips... most importantly... HOME!!!
Roopa played the perfect hostess... masks and hooters ready for us to bring in 2010 together and loving it!!!

While we were revelling in Delhi... the other part of our family was enjoying some fantastic fireworks at Candoliem in Goa.... with more family... Vinod Phupha, Mimi Bua and Priya. On the other side of Delhi... Kuku brought in the New Year with Church and Bala... both so precious to her.

Phones rang... we all wished each other and in that moment life was complete... all I needed was frame this time... and hold on to it for the rest of my life.

0130hrs... Uma, Geetanjali, Ruchita, Sonali and I.... phone mania... we're meeting up on the 1st of January... after school... the excitement is huge... I didn't want the night to get over... and yet I couldn't wait for the afternoon of January 1st... hmmmm.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment