Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Lifeward Bound: Breakthrough 1

Back in full force... :) Hello people... I've been kind of self obsessed for the last couple of months, guess that is the way of the mind telling you that there is more to LIFE than just floating!! 


Wow... in the last 2 days I have been on a role... so many thoughts coming together... so many unknown patterns have surfaced with the want to simply be freed of the past... that the purpose of life like I visioned it... can take flight.


What did it take... well... one simple decision... Lifeward Bound.


In Pune the other week, I heard Wendy sing... fantastic voice this little girl has, vibrant and innocent, she is ready to take on the world, take a chance, spread her wings... LIVE. Fascinating, the little voice of my heart spoke to me as I listened to her sing and watched her perform with pure joy. Here is what it said... "This is what you always wanted to do, right... sing... You've always loved the stage and the limelight... do you know what blocked you?".... a long pause later.... I saw the sentence clearly its almost like the word by word it animated from my mouth, I had said it so many times, that it became a belief... and you know what I manifested it... by sheer repetition... "I cannot sing commercial, I am only at my best when I sing in Church". I can remember the time when I first uttered this sentence... and I can remember the million times afterward, when I reinforced it. 


The truth that I have manifested... well... "I sing phenomenally in Church". Did my little child find opportunities to sing commercial... YES!! Many people I met over the last few years... not only remember the singing, they remeber the joy in my voice and expression when I sing...I even met people who could've given me the break I needed or given me the platform to sing again and yet all I could focus on was... "I cannot sing commercial, I am only at my best when I sing in Church". Francis, Neel, Siddhant, Merlin, Nandita Chandra, school friends who remember me for my singing in school, an ex student's mother who spoke to me about how her daughter felt inferior even though Matlida chose her to sing over me, Uncle Rudy called once while he was listening to American Idol only to tell me that I belonged there, Gayatri spoke to me after years and the first thing she told Lyn about me was about my phenomenal voice. 


I am changing that belief today... I am going to take every opportunity that comes my way to sing... Its one of my decisions for 2010... I believe with all my heart that I will be led to many opportunities this year... I'd intended to start on my birthday and I did... have sung at 3 karaoke bars since... wow... back to the mic... in 2010. 


This year 2010, I shall manifest many Karaoke nights, studio work, I shall find a way to not only promote my own talent, I will inspire more Dee's around my world to get back to their personal talent... :D


The Diva is ready to make her comeback!!!


Here's a thought for all of you to ponder on... Which are the dis-empowering sentences in your vocabulary that are keeping you from being the bright and brilliant person that you really really are??? 


Give it a thought... this could be your breakthrough moment!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment