Wednesday, March 31, 2010

DeeButterfly

When you are committed to making the greatest changes in your life, you reach a point of frustration that is orchestrated by the difference of the speed of your mind and the speed of movement related to what your mind tells you.

In keeping with the tradition of being volatile comes another idea… maybe this times I’ve been given is to be able to get my thoughts together and learn to love the moment just as it is…. SLOW. Like Auro says in the movie Paa, “ I hate slow motion” . Then again, when I sit down to really think…. well… slow motion is a gift…. and the idea isn’t to figure out what is going to happen, its about letting things happen and the looking back and saying wow!!!

Does the butterfly know that it is pollinating the flower? NO. Does it wait to find out the result… I wonder!!! Such, I guess, is life. Continue doing what you know to be right… even if it is writing articles that no one reads…. your job right here and now is to write… and that should be your only focus.

Years ago I had subscribed to an Affirmations newsletter, Jeff Stanniforth’s. Brilliant stuff… each week I would look forward to the mail and start practicing each affirmation…. I wonder if it truly helped… oops… I don’t remember any. Butterfly at work again… one affirmation to the other and one direction to the next.

Talking about Butterflies… My professional life too has been a pollinating experience… Jr. Exec Events, Reception cum Executive Assistant, Associate, Jr. Executive-Corporate Sales, Client Servicing manger, Senior Manager – Client Servicing and Special Events, Group Head-Special Projects, Mirchi Activation Head-Mumbai and now Visionary… well… for 10 years, that is a lot of pollinating ;) The joy of the journey is in retrospect and I’m loving it.

I still continue to be… Dee. By the way, a friend of mine, christened me Dee. A new identity formed, scaled new stems… reached out for new flowers and today Dee has become the name the world knows me by…. I always told him he had star power…. every woman he has ever known… has become a star…. he doesn’t realise how brilliant it is to know him…. Thank you Buboo… you know it when you read it!!

A friend of mine once asked me to come and visit his team and give them a talk on my version of being positive!! When I spoke, I knew not what the need of the hour really was, I wasn’t too sure I was ready to start walking the DeePositive talk so soon. When I opened the conversation with his team. I realised 1 very special thing about the power of being a positive thinker…. when it is time to lead, the thoughts seem so inspired not by your own need to feel good, there is a sense of belonging to a greater family of humanity. Most of the time, when I am blessed with a chance to share, the thoughts seem to be channelled through me, often, just what needs to be said… what a brilliant gift to accept and enjoy, makes troubles seem much lighter and the soul so much stronger!!

I am a butterfly, I better fly… a new direction beckons and life will never be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment