Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Nostalgia… thy memory is frozen!!

2010-03-13 13th March

I wanted to write a story and yet when I went through the pictures… words simply seem to elude me.. every thought is filled with a memory… every memory a story in itself.

It isn’t the years that have frozen in time, time itself took us places matched a memory and brought a smile on our faces.

The stunning fact, for me, well, 15 years later I still feel like it was only yesterday.

Bunking PT class… hated wearing those freaking bloomers, especially with my brilliant south Indian thighs ;)

Or walking into the quadrangle in the senior school… and remembering the badminton matches, I loved or the many times I had been invited for a dressing down at Sr. Matilda’s office. The very thought of the Claudine Thevenet Hall on the first floor, brought back some awesome memories of Kaleidoscope, the strains of singing Whitney Houston with ease.

The new fixtures in the school were so easily identified… there were few… but all in perfect view… The Math Lab. the Aquarium, Basket ball ring in the middle of a partially maintained garden (What sense does it make???).

13th March 002 13th March 013 13th March 072 

Then came the next set of things that made a lot of NONsense!! I will not deny that it did make me giggle till it struck me as a thought… that the memories we had walked in to relive and celebrate were the flashes of pure brilliance in the way things seemed now. I wonder if batches earlier than ours ever walked these path’s again and found the same joy and pain like we did.

  13th March 01213th March 01125226_10150144882490632_877605631_11359827_5008692_n

The first one you see, well is right outside the staff room and right above the syllabus for the retest!!! The second one, is in the famous std XI corridor in the senior school… bloody hell… it almost made me want to wake up and shake up the nun’s who don’t seem to pay too much attention to the grand values being taught in this school and is now reflecting on the kind of artwork produced by the children. The third one… well reminds me of life in Junior school… we were taught and then the best ones would go up on the display board.

With a super grin… please read wicked ;) I remembered Jain Sir!!! I always thought he would get hooked with Ms. Panniker. I can promise you, if she reads this… she’ll kill me. I missed Ms. Neena Dasgupta, Mrs. Osborne, Mrs. Mahrukh Singh and Mrs. George. Each of them played such an important role in keeping me interested in still being in CJM.

and then there are things that I am oh so grateful haven’t changed at all. Most of the swings… the ancient lost and found cupboard… the general feeling of oops, I better not get caught by the nuns next to the door to their rooms and last but not the least… the beautiful statue in front of while we have a million memories, pictures of pride and honour. This statue has featured almost in every mention of CJM.

13th March 023  13th March 014 13th March 034 13th March 035

and last but not the least… the most precious of all of these memories, is finding the a few of the 156+ girls I’ve spent 12 years with and sharing this moment with them… It is brilliant how we’ve discovered so much, now, of the people we spent 12 of the most impressionable years of our lives with. I feel truly blessed to have a second chance to create the relationships with these girls and I cherish each memory NOW for I’d like to tell this story of strong bonds 15 years from now…

A perfect finale……

Jesu Marie’s our pride

Jesu Marie's our pride
Jesu Marie
We'll hold our banner high
And keep our honour bright
Until we die.
For we're J.M.'s to the core
We're J.M.'s true
So lets cheers ring out free live
Long live , long live, long live jeSu Marie.

13th March 086  13th March 087 13th March 03013th March 093

No comments:

Post a Comment