Saturday, March 27, 2010

In conversation with….

…Dee. I’ve been doing almost nothing for a week and its disturbing me. Just a couple of meetings , cricket and Veer have filled up my diary for the week. Would you believe that for the last 24 hours I’ve been feeling unwell… finding it rather tiring, mentally to handle this.

Just the feeling of letting my mind wander into the vacant spaces in my life is causing more pain… for all of you who have been through this… let me know how you got out… and for those who are hearing of this for the first time… mark this space for the symptoms ;) 412594713_8fc1fa4a53

I don’t know if it is easier to bust your ass for someone else’s profit or work for yourself. In the last couple of months its been more meetings than work. I am wondering if that is the way all business starts… everyday there is a new learning and its fascinating and frustrating to learn at snail pace.

It is amazing how the point of thought changes from auto to manual. For most of us who are used to working for other people and finding all that could be set right in their processes there is an even greater pressure to create a world called business that is led by empowering the human spirit instead of burdening it with profit loss and revenue. For if you have read the lives of  people who made it big… I’ve had the joy of meeting and working with some of them… It is fascinating to see how passion led their path even when all else told them to quit!!

Making this frustration count is the story that must be told. You need to fight the internal need to take it easy to make things happen and you will be surprised how brilliant the path that unfolds is… there is a special excitement in the unfolding.

The power path of gratitude during this phase is the most intriguing…

Presentations that used to be 60 minutes of work have how converted to 60hrs… in thanking God for the blessing of being able to complete it… was a prompt to call a friend I’d promised to call… the learning… “ Get yourself to a Cafe Coffee day or a Five Star Hotel lounge and make your presentations… It gets done in a flash” . In accepting that things are going at snail pace is a realisation in itself I guess. In meeting or getting to know more people who are possibly headed in the same direction, the fascination that there is more to what I can do than I can’t.

Another brilliant understanding, well, you need a space you define as office to get into the mode of WORK. Simple, we associate home with rest, comfort and relaxation. Therefore, working from home, slows the pace of work. You take more breaks than you’d take while in office. Things to do at home continue to come in focus and take most of your time and attention. There is also this overwhelming need to switch on the TV and check what’s airing… just for a break… that takes up enormous time.

20070813-16-coloursThe connection between the calls you get are the thoughts you think. When I need a little bit of advice or want to share a thought manifested … more often than not… the phone rings… it usually is a call from someone who will not only listen patiently, who will also point to a possible way forward. The fascinating fact about being in this phase is that, it takes moments like writing these thoughts and making new foundations for remaining fascinated by the process. Till I started writing this piece, I didn’t realise how precious every manifestation really is… I am thankful, more now, than ever for every frustration… in sharing it… unedited from the core of my being comes the realisation that all is SWELL in my abundant world.

Got to sign out now… I’m waiting for another answer and the phone is going to ring ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment